How to send a Slack alert when a qualified lead submits a form using Zapier
Before getting started, here’s the quick overview of what we are going to be doing:
- Create a Zap in Zapier that:
- triggers when a qualified lead submits a form
- sends an alert to Slack
Step 1: Create a Zap that triggers when a new user is added to Intercom
First, log in to your Zapier account at http://www.zapier.com. If you don’t have one, you can create one immediately. It takes a minute and it’s free
Once in Zapier, click on Make a Zap! at the top of the screen.
- For your trigger, choose Webhook by Zapier in the list.
- Select Catch Hook
- Choose New User as the trigger
- Save the unique webhook URL that is generated
Step 2: Score the email using MadKudu
For the second step of your Zap, choose MadKudu and follow the instructions. When asked for an email, you should pass the Email field from step 1.
For additional instructions, take a look here.
Step 3: Send a Slack message
For the third step, add choose Slack as the last step.
- You can choose Send Channel Message or Send Direct Message as the action
- Connect your Slack account
- Select the Channel
- Customize the message
Step 4: Add the unique webhook URL to the MadKudu Campaign and turn on your Zap!