How to score new leads in Intercom using Zapier
Before getting started, here’s the quick overview of what we are going to be doing:
- Create a Zap in Zapier that:
- triggers when a new user is added in Intercom
- sends it to MadKudu for scoring
- create/update the user in Intercom with the MadKudu customer fit
Step 1: Create a Zap that triggers when a new user is added to Intercom
First, log in to your Zapier account at http://www.zapier.com. If you don’t have one, you can create one immediately. It takes a minute and it’s free
Once in Zapier, click on Make a Zap! at the top of the screen.
- For your trigger, choose Intercom in the list.
- Connect your Intercom account
- Choose New User as the trigger
Step 2: Score the email using MadKudu
For the second step of your Zap, choose MadKudu and follow the instructions. When asked for an email, you should pass the Email field from step 1.
For additional instructions, take a look here.
Step 3: Update the user in Intercom
The last step will be to update your Intercom user with the MadKudu customer fit.
For the third step, choose Intercom, then Create/Update User as the action. Connect your Intercom account.
At the Edit Template, do the following:
- For Lookup Email, choose the Email from step 1
- For User ID, choose the User Id from step 1
Finally, in Custom Attributes, add:
- mk_custom_fit in the key field
- Properties Customer Fit Segment from step 2 in the value field
Note: at this point, you can also update your Intercom user with other fields returned by the MadKudu API
Validate, test and save your Zap.
All your new users in Intercom will now automatically be scored in Intercom.